Self Pampering – When Was The Last Time You Had A Facial?
Seriously, when? We rarely have time to take care of ourselves. From the time we get up until the time we go to bed – we are in motion.
So, this weekend, I would like you to try one of these homemade facial masques – shut the door and relax.
Here are my favorites.
Cocoa Dream Hydration Masque
“Avocado is extremely hydrating, cocoa is pore-refining and a great antioxidant, and honey is antibacterial and soothing.”—from the Ocean Pearl Spa in Carlsbad, California.
To me, the ingredients look good enough to eat.
- Mash 1 quarter of avocado.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder and 1 Tbsp. honey.
- Apply to clean face for 10 minutes.
- Remove with warm water, tone, and moisturize.
Wrinkle-Smoothing Wine Facial
Resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant found primarily in red wine, may help to repair the damage caused by sun exposure that can lead to wrinkles and sagging. Kaolin clay draws out impurities, while the grapeseed oil moisturizes and hydrates and the oat flour gently exfoliates– from the Calistoga Ranch in Napa Valley, California.
- Mix together ¼ cup wine; ¼ cup kaolin clay (sold at health-food stores); 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil; and 1 tablespoon organic oat flour (health-food stores).
- Pour a glass of wine (for you).
- Apply to the face, neck, and décolletage.
- Rinse with warm water after 10 minutes.
Botox Replacement Facial
Have you considered Botox? All you need are bananas. That’s Bananas can make your skin look and feel softer.
Crush a medium-sized banana and turned it into a paste.
Apply it gently on your face and neck.
Let it stand for ten to twenty minutes.
Rinse it with warm water.