How many times have you been told to ‘just follow this program and you will have the (fill in the blank) of your dreams’?
Does it work?
Sometimes – but, more often than not – you are following the prescription for someone else’s life and health. Does that mean that this person is duping you? I don’t think so – or, I hope not. I just think that they are providing advice that has worked for them and hoping that you can benefit from it as well.
I’ve been through programs by motivational speakers like Tony Robbins, Brendon Burchard, Brian Tracy, Lisa Williams, Brene Brown, Chalene Johnson, Lewis Howes – I probably forgot a few. And, I’ve been through numerous nutritional and health programs by the likes of Dr. Mark Hyman, Mark Sisson, and Dr. Sara Gottfried, and summit programs galore. And, let’s not forget more spiritual enlightenment programs like Eckhart Tolle, Pedram Shojai, Wayne Dyer, Joseph Prince, Joel Osteen, and numerous Bible studies.
Truth be told – I have gone through so many ‘programs’ where I didn’t get the ‘expected’ result! But, I DID learn something in the process.
“Drum roll, please”
The one big lesson I learned is that the ‘n=1’ experiment is generally the best (e.g. – one size does not fit all). Things need to be personalized to make them of value to the person going through the effort to follow the program. After all – I am the one who has to take the initiative and start the process of changing – no one else can do it for me!
The “‘Optimal You’ Jump Start” is not meant to be a prescriptive process by any means. I want you to personalize it and make it work for you. So, I am dividing these 5 days into different categories that we should tackle each time we want to make a change. And, every day we will build upon what we learned earlier in the process.
- Day 1: What Do You Want To Accomplish?
- Day 2: How Do I Maintain My Motivation?
- Day 3: Foundation 1 – What Do I Need To Change Nutritionally?
- Day 4: Foundation 2 – What Do I Need To Change Physically?
- Day 5: Foundation 3 – What Do I Need To Change Mentally / Spiritually?
And, that leads me to my next caveat – you will not be able to reinvent your life in 5 days – it is impossible!!! So, then why am I saying a 5 Day Jump Start? Here is the reason why – a journey begins with a single step.
Today, you are making the first step and how many people don’t take that step – consider yourself among the elite! The only birthright that you are given is the gift of ‘choice’.
- YOU have the ability to choose how you want to model your life (no excuses).
- YOU have the ability to make the right choices to get you there.
- And, while divine guidance sure helps – the person who is inevitably accountable is the one you look at in the mirror every morning (wild hair and all)!
So, if I didn’t scare you yet – let’s get moving!!!