I am so excited! This website has been down for awhile – but, I promise that this new website will have a lot of great information on health (nutrition, exercise) and well-being (rest, self-esteem). I see this as a community where we can learn from each other and support each other to overcome the inevitable obstacles and reach the transformation we want for us and our families.
I will be honest – I’ve been through this. I am someone who has experienced issues with weight (I was 220 pounds in high school). I’ve had family issues, health issues, work issues – and I came through all of these challenges stronger and more focused on what is important.
I want to provide information on new health topics (I am always reading and learning) and motivation (I am a huge Brendon Burchard and Brian Tracy fan). I know what can work for you – but, don’t want to be so prescriptive that ‘it’s either my way – or, the highway’. I look forward to learning from each one of you.
My lifestyle philosophy is this:
- Eat a diet high in vegetables, lean protein, good fats. I will provide some of my favorite recipes to show you how to do that.
- Limit the ‘sugar foods’ like wheat, sugar, agave syrup, rice. We don’t want the blood sugar induced insulin spikes.
- Stay hydrated.
- Move everyday. I will provide ideas on how to incorporate movement everyday – and, make it fun.
- Learn – improve your mind daily. Learning is the key to brain health.
- Meditate – listen to your body, God, the universe. Just take the time to be still!
- Think positively and be forward focused. The past is gone – it makes no sense to dwell on something you can’t change. Take the lessons from the past and move forward with a positive momentum!
Life is meant to be enjoyed everyday. So, let’s start and enjoy the ride!